Sunday Funnies – What Mom Taught Me and A Giveaway!
Posted on Sunday, May 6th, 2012
My Gram saved the Sunday Funny Papers for me and my daughter Nicole every week – many, many years ago. I think it gave us both an appreciation for the fine art of mixing humor with work. (It could also explain a lot… ) I’ll try to pass on my Gram’s gift here, sort of as a reminder to laugh every day. Thanks, Gram. Let’s see who’s got a chuckle for us today…
An early Happy Mother’s Day to you!
The reason I’m posting this a week early is because I thought I’d have a little giveaway to celebrate. Here’s what I’m doing.
I found this little slice of fun (with a heavy dose of reality stuck in!) on AhaJokes.com. It was one of those “it’s funny because it’s true” things. I’m sharing it here for you to enjoy.
THEN, after you read it, I’m asking you to comment in the box below and share something you learned from your mother or other significant woman in your life when you were growing up.
THEN, on Mother’s Day I will use a techie random thingy to choose one comment and that commenter will receive my ecookbook – Memory Lane Meals. (Go ahead and click on the link to take a peek if you like, then come on back.)
So that’s all there is to it. Share something you learned in the comments section. It can be funny or touching. And, if it’s already been mentioned, that’s just fine. I just want to hear what you have to say about the lessons you learned, intentional or not, when you were growing up. But first, here’s the funny I promised to share from AhaJokes.com:
MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME ABOUT…
1. ANTICIPATION. “Just wait until your father gets home.”
2. RECEIVING. “You are going to get it when we get home!”
3. MEETING A CHALLENGE. “Answer me when I talk to you! Don’t talk back to me!”
4. LOGIC. “If you fall out off that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”
5. MEDICAL SCIENCE. “If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.”
6. THINKING AHEAD. “If you don’t pass your spelling test, you’ll never get a good job.”
7. HUMOR. “When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”
8. BECOMING AN ADULT. “If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.”
9. GENETICS. “You’re just like your father.”
10. MY ROOTS. “Do you think you were born in a barn?”
11. THE WISDOM OF AGE. “When you get to be my age, you will understand.”
12. JUSTICE. “One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!”
I can relate to just about everything there! And now that I watch my own daughter with my grandkids, the last one just puts a smile on my face. May the circle be unbroken…
Happy Mother’s Day!
On Mother’s Day next Sunday I will use that random thingy and let it choose a commenter to receive my ecookbook – Memory Lane Meals. I’ll announce the winner’s name here on May 13th so be sure to comment before next Sunday.
Please be absolutely sure to include your email address so I can notify you and send your ebook out. AND, since you’re already here, why not sign up for my blog updates? Then you won’t miss a thing that’s happening here at RemarkableWrinklies.com.
All set? Okay… go ahead and scroll down until you see the comment box and share your story!
And don’t forget to sign up for my email alerts so you don’t miss a thing happening here at RemarkableWrinklies.com!